Welcome to the Atrex 20 beta. Please take a few minutes to read through this document BEFORE
installing the beta version, as it should answer most of the questions that you have with regards to the beta.
The purpose of this beta is to flush out any bugs or program anomalies that were not caught during the development of the package. While suggestions are always welcome, please be aware that Atrex 20 is in the final stages of development and suggestions made at this point in the development cycle will be logged for consideration for a future version.
Program Changes and New Features:
The changes between the latest versions of Atrex can be viewed from the following links:
Instructions for Installing the Atrex 20 Beta
The Atrex 20 beta is a "LIVE" beta, meaning that it will behave exactly like the final production version. If you install the version 20 beta on a system that already has an older version of Atrex installed, it WILL overwrite that previous installation and will automatically convert your data from the older version forward for use with Atrex 20.
The instructions for installing version 20 depend upon the type of configuration you are currently running and which version of Atrex you upgrading from:
The beta download files
are available here
Important Notes: (Please read ALL of the notes)
Beta Support and Bug Reports:
- Data Compatibility: Once data from an older version is converted forward to Atrex 20, it cannot be converted back. Make sure you make backups of your data before you install and convert your data for use with Atrex 20. If you wish to move from v20 back to an older version of Atrex, you will need to restore from a backup made in the older version prior to the data conversion to v20.
- Credit Card Processing / Signature Capture: Credit card and signature capture plug-ins must be updated to Atrex 20 compatible versions. The updated credit card plug-in installation is available from your client center, and the Topaz signature plug-in on the main downloads page has been updated for v20 comptatibility. Please note that the credit card processing modules in Atrex 20 are still being modified to improve card security and implement the TriPOS processing solution. As such, the behaviour of the card processing may change between builds, and an additional update to the processing plug-ins may be required.
- Exception Reports: The beta version has a built in error report utility. If the beta version encounters a problem that results in a memory access violation or a memory leak, you will be prompted to send the exception report to our development team. The information included in this exception report will help us identify the specific line of code that failed. If you wish to view the information being sent, click on the details button of the exception message before sending. Please note that memory leaks are detected and reported AFTER Atrex is closed and can appear as a hung instance of Atrex in Task Manager while it's processing the leak information.
- Performance: The performance of the beta version may vary noticeably between builds due to the debugging and error reporting functionality. This may be especially evident during program startup and shutdown.
- Custom Reports: Version 20 can use almost any report created in Atrex 11, 12, 13 in compatibility mode which will be turned on automatically during the conversion . Custom reports designed for Atrex 14 and newer will work without any modifications in v20, but
once a report is modified in version 20, it is no longer compatible
with older versions of Atrex.
- Registration: The registration and evaluation functionality is identical to the standard version of the package. If you are licensed for Atrex 16 or higher, your registration information will be retrieved and used in the beta.
- Beta Expirations and Updates: All beta versions will have built in expiration dates, anywhere between 7 and 30 days, getting longer as we approach the final release. This ensures that users are working with relatively current builds, which in turn reduces the number of bug reports sent to us as they are corrected. Beta updates will be posted periodically as needed.
- Documentation: The Atrex help has been updated for version 20. The users guide has not been updated for the beta and will most likely not be updated prior to the full release of Atrex 20
- Table Changes: There may be a few changes in the first few weeks of the beta that will require
the addition of a few new fields in several of the tables. Please run the
Batch Processing with the "Verify Table Structures" option selected after
each beta update.
- eCommerce Utilities: Atrex 20 compatible versions of the Zen Cart and WooCommerce utilities are availbale on the beta downloads page.
- Windows 7/8 Compatibility: Atrex 20 will currently run on Windows 7 and 8, but there are some known minor issues with components and images not displaying correctly. Please note that support for Windows 7 or 8 may be discontinued without notice.
- Pricing: Pricing for Atrex 20 is available at http://atrex.com/atrex.asp , and is unchanged from the v19 pricing. If you are coming from Atrex 15 or older, the pricing model for Atrex 20 has changed significantly, so please keep this in mind before installing the Atrex 20 beta.
Support for the beta can be obtained via the following:
We ask that you report all issues regarding the beta via the community forum
. Phone calls for support regarding version 20 not involving a urgent or critical issue may be redirected to the email address provided above unless you have been specifically directed to contact us by phone.
When reporting a bug, please be as specific and detailed as possible to inform us where in the program you experienced the problem and how it can be reproduced. Insufficient information may result in the bug not being corrected for the final release.
The minimum information that we need is:
- The build number and build date of your Atrex. (Options System Information)
- Where in the program you are experiencing the problem.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the problem
- Operating System, if the issue appears to be related to the OS .
In some instances, we will request that you send us your data in order to attempt correction of the problem.